Flowserve Corporation LCA On-site Technician in Southampton, United Kingdom
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Overhaul high precision mechanical seals and ensure right-first-time performance.
· Perform component inspections, identifying defects and assessing their impact on the overall function of the component.
· Make decisions on repair vs replace and achieve targets on repair quality and cost.
· Work closely with the customers Workshop Supervisors and Planners to align internal repair schedules with the Customers needs.
· Manage the onsite inventory and its associated logistics to help achieve targets on delivery and inventory value.
· Maintain current high levels of safety, continuously reviewing the performance of yourself and peers through the Customers LPS safety program as well as internal Flowserve systems.
· Maintain the Flowserve workshop and tooling to a high standard and highlight necessary improvements to Flowserve Management.
· Support the Onsite Application Engineers in implementing actions and initiatives for increased pump and seal reliability across the site.
As an LCA Onsite Technician you will be permanently based at a Flowserve QRC facility which is embedded within a major UK Refinery and Chemical Plant. Working as a part of a friendly and highly skilled onsite team your function will be to service and repair the sites mechanical seals. In addition, you will support the Flowserve Onsite Application Engineers in implementing actions and initiatives for increased pump and seal reliability.
Your primary responsibility will be for the repair, assembly, and performance testing of high precision mechanical seals. To do this you will perform detailed component level inspections and make decisions on repair vs replace. You will then complete high precision rebuilds; ensuring components are assembled to micron-level tolerances before conducting performance testing to API standards.
Another critical function of the role is to attend daily meetings with the Customer; providing updates on seal repairs and determining their pump repair priorities. You will then be responsible for planning and executing seal repairs as well as managing the necessary inventory logistics to meet these delivery requirements.
The position requires an individual who can communicate clearly and operate independently; proactively identifying and rectifying issues before they impact the Customers repair schedules. It also demands a high degree of manual dexterity and an ability to visualise component interactions.
Essential Attributes / Experience / Qualifications
· Apprenticeship within a Mechanical Engineering Discipline
· BTEC or higher in a Mechanical Engineering subject
· Previous role as a Maintenance Technician, Precision Assembler, Machinist or similar
· Good verbal communication skills
· Proactive with an excellent eye for detail
Beneficial Attributes / Experience
· Working knowledge of Mechanical Seals and/or Pumps
· Experience within a Workshop and/or Machineshop environment
· Comfortable using MS Office Programs, especially MS Excel
· Past experience dealing directly with Customers and/or Suppliers (not necessarily within an Engineering role)
· Ability to create Engineering drawings using AutoCAD products
· Previous role within the Petrochemical industry
· Experience or knowledge of Condition Monitoring programs or methods.
Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis methodologies.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
LCA On-site Technician
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: