Flowserve Corporation Manufacturing Manager in Henderson, Australia
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Responsible and accountable for ensuring that Henderson QRC Manufacturing Operation embraces a culture of safety and environmental excellence, Continuous Improvement (CI) in everything it does, manufacturing excellence through quality management and control, efficiency and cost management, effective and regular communication, and striving to meet customer expectations by on-time delivery and improved lead times.
This position is in an engineering workshop environment. Normal exposures to this environment are to be expected. All Practicable care has been implemented to provide a safe place of work in accordance with the State, Legislative, Statutory and Regulatory requirements at the time of Employment, and adjusted according to changes within the legislative framework.The Manufacturing Manager shall act within the requirements of the applicable Acts and Regulations and as directed by other Senior Management, providing instruction that is lawful and in the best interest of the company.
· Provide effective leadership, motivation,direction and communication to all members of the manufacturing team.
· Support Mechanical Seal manufacturing and repairOperations.
· Support the Pump repairs and spare partsbusiness for WA
· Strong interaction with both internal andexternal customers.
· Monitor and provide guidance on OperationalKPI’s, which include OTD, GM & COPQ.
· Establish timely PMP for all direct employeesand review.
· Motivate team to ensure the business adoptsFlowserve best practice and thereby maintains its competitive position.
· Maintain a safe working environment for allemployees and work effectively with SHEA manager to implement SHEA improvementplans.
· Monitor order/production estimates to ensurecosts and timing plans are met.
· Investigate variances and action/rectify forfuture jobs/projects.
· Establish manufacturing review and controlprocesses to monitor results.
· Ensure effective utilization of manufacturingresources to maintain acceptable manufacturing recovery results.
· Drive methodologies/practices to ensure CIP,Lean and 6s processes are effectively utilized in all manufacturingdepartments.
· In conjunction with site HR, conduct/developsuccession planning reviews/actions annually to identify skill gaps; establishtraining plans; review performance.
BSME degree or equivalent, management courses required MBA a plus.
15+ years of experience in Pump and/or Seal repair and/or comparable product experience, with the Mining and Oil & Gas sector, with management experience.
Experience in a leading and instructional working style which has encouraged team oriented process, values communication, participation and involvement of others with management of employees.
Highly organized with proven leadership skills and the ability to achieve objectives and instruct on the process with minimal direction.
Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills both written and verbal.
Attention to detail and process oriented mindset with results driven background.
Knowledge of pump & Seal applications and types is a basic requirement & understanding of pump systems is added advantage.
Have a clear understanding of life cycle cost and market principles and the ability to create value added proposals that
differentiate Flowserve product offerings against traditional first cost
Have a high standard of written and spoken English as well as strong PC skills and experience with Microsoft Office tools.
Some travel will be required.
Ability to work efficiently and communicate productively with others. A unique combination of engineering technical skills and ability and communicate well with others. Requires strategic thinking, resourcefulness, and planning coupled with a drive to always improve. Must be self-starting and provide the necessary structure, organization, planning and effort to accomplish the business objectives of the corporation .
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: