Flowserve Corporation Production Supervisor in Chesapeake, Virginia
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
We are currently looking for a Production Supervisor for our Chesapeake, VA facility.Duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Accountable for Assembly, Paint & Pack operations and Shipping while ensuring a safe work environment
· Provide leadership and teamwork environment
· Develops,supervises, coaches and counsels associates on a regular basis
· Responsible for 25 to 35 direct and indirect labor associates
· Guide the team as well as individuals to adhere to our standard operating procedures(SOPs)
· Implement procedural/policy changes to enhance department performance
· Ensures tasks are completed within set deadlines
· Conduct performance management profiles in a timely, fair, and consistent manner including mid-year and year-end written documentation.
· Pro-actively address recognition, coaching, and progressive discipline needs that arise.
· Supply on-the-job training and feedback for job support to associates
· Lead daily accountability huddles to set production goals, while resolving day-to-day production issues within team or other departments as necessary.
· Enforce safety policies and work habits
· Monitor productivity making sure efficiency, cost and Key Performance Indicators(KPI’s) are met on a daily basis
· Prioritize the workload and direction of the team in order to complete critical orders on the daily schedule.
· Coordinate resources to meet production and on-time delivery goals to ensure customer satisfaction
· Bea positive impact on morale and promote a performance based culture.
· Forward thinking, continuously driving improvements – in safety, flow and throughput;while looking to improve capabilities and optimizing manufacturing footprint.
· Track daily/weekly/monthly attendance, time-off requests, safety, and productivity goals and requirements
· Support and drive Continuous Improvement
· Bachelor’s degree in related field and or combination of education and experience
· Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a supervisory/leadership role within a manufacturing environment
· Experience working in a production/engineered to order assembly environment
· Have sound understanding of manufacturing processes and policies and procedures
· Ability to work with a team to troubleshoot technical issues, minimizing downtime
· Proven interpersonal and communication skills required
· Ability to drive change, hold employees accountable, and experience in collaborating with internal customers to reach production goals.
· Must be able to multitask and work in a production environment that has multiple product changeovers.
· Proven experience in coaching and developing teams ensuring departmental goals of safety, quality, production and costs are met while maintain an atmosphere of trust and positive morale.
· Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office
· Excellent organization, prioritization and analytical skills.
· Proven experience and application of safety procedures resulting in a safe working environment for employees
· Ability to work in a team oriented and Continuous Improvement environment.
Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a supervisory/leadership role within a manufacturing environment is preferred
Experience with Oracle is preferred
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Chesapeake, Virginia US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: