Flowserve Corporation Plant Manager in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Plant Manager is directly responsible for site leadership and management of all operational aspects of the assigned site, from raw material receiving to final products storage and shipping. This involves execution of product quality and Environmental, health and Safety programs, accountability for meeting forecasted production, efficiency, and manufacturing costs, Customer satisfaction and On Time Delivery (OTD); and site capital Expenditure
• Understand and Execute Annual Operating Plan (AOP) in a manner that results in sales and profitability growth at or above the agreed budget expectations
• Develop requests for capital and implement in accordance with approval plans.
• Establish and maintain operating routine that drives sustainable results and problem solving, including optimized asset and footprint utilization
• Create process capability and drive it to enable sales growth and profitability improvement and reduced cycle time and cost of quality
• Manage Resources resource productivity to result in manufacturing and material cost reductions.
• Meet or Exceed OTD Standards
• Ownership of Past Due backlog to drive solutions
• Enforce uncompromising Safety and Quality expectations.
• Hold all site employee and visitors accountable to adhere to safety standards at all times.
• Foster and reward a safety-first culture where everyone understands and owns their role.
• Implement CIP workshops and tolls to drive continuous improvement.
• Understand and achieve customer requirements and Flowserve Standards.
• Operate and effective lean and visible plant (6S).
• Drive talent excellence by attracting, motivating, aligning, developing and retaining the talent required for industry leading plant manager.
• Manage relationships with local collective labor groups to support talent strategies and operational excellence
A University degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related qualifications is preferred. An MBA or financial education will be an advantage.
Minimum of 10 years of experience is strongly desired in a heavy industrial manufacturing multi-shift environment.
5 years of management experience in a manufacturing environment or Possess comprehensive experience in rotating equipment products.
Experience with machining, fabrication, welding, NDE, and product hydro & functional testing with engineered cast or forged products is a plus.
Machine tool technology and programming knowledge is a plus.
Experience with MRP systems and a strong Cross-functional knowledge of the overall manufacturing processes is required
Solid leadership and communication skills with a strong mechanical aptitude is required.
Experience in Oil and gas market segment
Demonstrate previous experience in continuous improvement, safety or operational excellence functions
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Buenos Aires, AR
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: