Flowserve Corporation Senior VAT Compliance Specialist in Budapest, Hungary
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is looking for an experienced and hands on VAT Compliance Specialist.
Flowserve Corporation (Flowserve) is one of the world’s leading providers of fluid motion and control products and services. Operating in 56 countries, the company produces engineered and industrial pumps, seals and valves as well as a range of related flow management services.
Flowserve is currently going through a transformation process of consolidating finance and operations, as well as a legal entity reduction program. Some finance functions are transitioned to the Financial Shared Services Center in Hungary.
Flowserve operates on a complex IT landscape. Due to various mergers and acquisitions in the past, there is a multitude of ERP systems in place. A large part consists of Oracle (several instances) and SAP (several instances), next to this there are smaller and local accounting systems in use. In some cases, multiple ERP systems are used within a single legal entity.
Flowserve intends to move to a single ERP (SAP S/4HANA) but it may be a few years until that situation is reached.
VAT Compliance is currently handled at each site locally but Flowserve Management intends to execute the VAT compliance processes centrally with the use of technology.
With around 5-7 years of experience in VAT Compliance.
• Preparation / review and timely filing of the periodic VAT declarations, Intrastat, EC Sales Lists, EC Purchase Lists and any other VAT filings for the entities in scope;
• VAT and Intrastat data gathering & providing of assistance and support to the business and finance organizations;
• Reconciliations of VAT balance sheet accounts;
• Pro-actively following up and resolving issues found in the reconciliation and VAT compliance process
• Actively monitor VAT payments and receipts
• Prepare / review and maintain process documentation for all returns;
• Assist with the roll-out of the VAT compliance tool across the business & regions;
The ideal candidate:
• has a general understanding of EU VAT law
• is knowledgeable on SAP and/or Oracle and associated accounting processes
• can demonstrate a clear understanding of the day-to-day practicalities of VAT Compliance processes in an international environment;
• is accurate, independent and highly organized with a focus to detail without losing overview
• has excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English
• has a willingness to travel during the start-up phase
• supports a Continuous Improvement mindset
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Senior VAT Compliance Specialist
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Finance & Accounting
Auto req ID: