Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer in Antwerp, Belgium
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
For our Belgian team we are looking for an Operations Engineer / Coordinator to support the performance contracts on-site at various customers in the Antwerp area.
At Flowserve working on global infrastructure projects is just another day at the office. But it takes the brains and imagination of our employees to get the job done right. If the solution exists, we'll find it. If it doesn't, we'll create it. Experience, leadership and creativity are the tools we use to turn an idea into a solution.
World is in motion and constant development is essential. To keep our employees and our organisation grow, Flowserve offers international development opportunities in
our training centres around the world.
Continuing to foster this kind of innovation is key to Flowserve's long-term success. Be a part of a team known for its industry-leading talent, unparalleled portfolio and unmatched commitment to customer success. We invite you to put your talents and experience in motion with Flowserve.
The Operations Engineer / Coordinator (internally known as On-site Applications Engineer) oversees and executes the daily requirements of operation at a specific customer site in the chemical and petrochemical industry. She/he is the primary contact regarding the design, application, installation, operation and administration of mechanical seals within the cooperative relation with ourcustomers. The Operations Engineer / Coordinator will prioritize the engineering and manufacturing functions of Flowserve to meet the customer expectations. She/he reports to the Operations Manager.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering;
· Working Experience between 3 to 5 years;
· Experience in oil & gas / flow industry business experience desired, not a must; Familiar with mechanical seal and seal
system design and operation;
· Cantact independently and on behalf of the division and customer’s best interest;
· Fundamental understanding of pump construction hydraulics and/or mechanical seals;
· Comfortable with the application of measuring equipment;
· Comfortable presenting information and training groups;
· Comfortable with and responsible for continuously updating the internal information database governing the failure reports and general equipment and process information;
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
· Team player – flexible - strong pc skills and experience using Microsoft Office Tools;
· Willing to travel / relocate to other areas.
· Provide information regarding operation, maintenance and design on seals;
· Responsible for a proper inspection of the seals after it fails by making failure reports follow up on possible improvements (within operations, maintenance, design) by making recommendations;
· Review and report on operational and maintenance practices;
· Perform walkabouts on site to analyze the installed base and make recommendations for improvements;
· Make failure reports and confirm cause of failure per category (knowledge of Root Analysis is a plus);
· Recommend on repair versus replacement of mechanical seals;
· Oversee the seal conversion process; including measurement, design, delivery, installation and operation;
· Working with several engineering programs to make a proper seal and seal system selection;
· Support the Management Of Change process with all the required documentation;
· Perform inventory survey and control and record pump and seal survey;
· Responsible for the Seal Standardization Plan;
· Ensure standardized installation procedures are followed;
· Document and present QC activities;
· Assist the Sales Engineer on sales opportunities for Flowserve products and services;
· Organize and present the quarterly meeting with the customer, including minutes and action items.
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Applications Engineer
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 25%
Primary Posting Location: Antwerp, BE
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Relocation Eligible: No
Auto req ID: 42193BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.